You are here
IT Mentors is a nine-month program that matches goal-oriented IT staff with experienced colleagues from across Penn State to share knowledge and develop leadership skills within a structured mentoring relationship.
- Set your own individualized goals
- Pursue your goals and document your progress
- Help mentees set their professional goals
- Provide guidance and answer questions
- Expand your own knowledge to better serve your mentee's needs
As part of the one-on-one mentoring relationship, mentors and mentees meet regularly to set professional goals, discuss progress, and share knowledge.
To be a mentor or mentee, participants need to:
- Commit to the nine-month program
- Complete an application
- Attend the kick-off meeting and mentor training
- Meet regularly (at least two hours per month)
- Attend at least two relevant activities or events together
- Share experiences at the end-of-program brown bag lunch
- Provide feedback on the program
Email IT Mentors at email@example.com.